Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Dark

I'm not affraid of the dark but I hate the sounds at night that make my imagination kick into over drive.

Last night Andrew had his first night shift since starting his new job in early December. This coincided with my first night home alone by myself, a perfect recipe for my imagination. I really do hate being home by myself at night, it is an extremely lonely time.

Every creak that the house makes I am jolted wide awake, thinking what was that, was that the door, was that the window, is someone inside, is someone trying to get inside, is someone in the back yard. I am then suddenly wide awake, every shadow looks like a person, I really hate it, why does my imagination do this to me!!!

I just want to be able to sleep soundly without adding these extra little stresses that being home alone at night creates, my sleep is a rare enough commidity as it is!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh no :( Eloise slept for the first time ever with the light off last night, so it must have been a night for it. Have you done yoga relaxation techniques before? xxx

    ReplyDelete