Monday, February 23, 2009

Sleep


Earlier in the week I was going to have a whingey post about sleep but alas it must have been in my sleep deprivation, I forgot. When Mackenzie was only a few months old she started to sleep through, them fast forward a couple of months and with moving and driving around, she was waking two to three times a night. She did eventually get down to once a night, and I could cope with that.
Well early last week she slept through two days in a row, 8pm to 7.30am in the morning, fantastic, you would think lucky you, you got a full nights sleep. Well you'd be wrong, Mackenzie may have slept through, but a certain now 3 year old who answers to the name of Taleisha decided that she was going to have some night time fun. She was at my side of bed at 11pm, put back to bed, a couple of hours later she was back, so brought her into bed with us and it is was like a roller skate derby, it was insane. I don't think I had a one hour solid block sleep with her. Thankfully she only did that for a couple of nights, it just happened to coincide with the couple that Mackenzie decided to sleep through on.
Things reverted back to normal, the 4.30am-5am boobie feed and back to sleep for a couple of nights and then yesterday and last night, we've had two full nights sleep from both girls, what bliss!!! If only my body clock wasn't wired for that early morning feed I might actually get a full nights sleep.
ahhhhhhhhhh what bliss that would be!!! Every mother's dream!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment