Friday, February 6, 2009

Yummiest Banana Cake ever

Yesterday I had a bit of a bake-a-thon. I had to pre bake Taleisha's birthday cake, which I needed to make two ring cakes worth, and I had a lot of mixture left, so I also made about two dozen mini muffins (perfect size for little hands) and about half a dozen normal size muffins. I used a banana cake recipe I found on a forum that I visit and it was absolutely delicious, even my daughter who is the world's fussiest eater is eating these muffins and constantly asking for more.

Here is the how to of the yummiest Banana Cake EVER!!!

Preheat oven to 160c
Grease round cake tin

Mix all ingredients together
  • 2 eggs
  • 125 grams softened butter
  • 1 cup caster sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
  • 1/2 cup desicated coconut
  • 1/2 cup coconut cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 1 cup mashed banana (2-3 ripe bananas)

Pour into tin and bake for approx 1 hour. (we used a ring pan and it only took about 40 minutes baking time and the muffins 10 -15 minutes)

For the icing -> Cream 25g softened butter with 75g softened cream cheese. Mix in 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar and 1 - 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or milk. I haven't put the icing on yet, I've left the muffins plain and they still taste great. I'll be tackling the icing next week when I have to assemble Miss T's birthday cake.

1 comment:

  1. I concur, a beautiful recipe!!!! All the best for a big birthday!

    ReplyDelete