Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Back to school


Today I bit the bullet and did something I've been toying with for ages. I re enrolled into university. I can't really believe I did it and that I'm now going to have a HECS debt, I avoided this little beauty first time round by paying upfront but we can't afford that this time round.

I'll be studying at home through Open Universities Australia, and I will only be doing one subject a semester to start with to see how I go. It has been at least 6 years since I was in a serious study environment, so I plan to warm up slowly to this one. I've enrolled for the remainder of the year with one subject per semester, I figure if I cope with the first couple alright, then I might up it to two subjects per semester. We'll have to wait and see how I go.

So what am I studying I hear you ask, well I'm going to do my Bachelor in Business Studies with the aim to Major in Management and either do it as a Double Major or Minor in Tourism. I'm quite excited about my Major and Minor options, but I need to get through the core subjects first. So in saying that, first cab off the rank for me is Introduction to Management. I do have a bit of time up my sleeve though, as first semester has only just started, so I won't be hitting the books until May and speaking of books I'm off to hunt for a cheaper copy of the required text books, any suggestions for a good place to start?

Well that is the plan thus far, I'm extremely excited and looking forward to becoming reskilled :) but nervous at the same time, this is a big step and a major change!!!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Well done on taking the plung Kat. Do you have any contact hours you need to do at Monash with that course?? Reason I ask is my brother started one last year and goes to Melbourne several times a year for contact with the Uni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as far as I could see :) definitely not this semester ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow good on you that's brave & fantastic!

    ReplyDelete