Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fabulous Fettuccine


I have the world's most fussiest eater however last night I found a miracle recipe which she surprisingly ate pretty much all of, SUCCESS!!! I was one very elated mummy. What is this recipe I here you asking, well it comes from the cookbook "Best of Kid's Cooking" (thanks for this one Nett, it's getting well used.) and it is super quick and simple to make. I varied it a bit to suuit my needs in the fact I needed to hide the zucchini to get her to eat it. So here is the recipe.

Fabulous Fettuccine

serves 4

Ingredients
375g fettuccine
4 rashers of bacon
220g can mushrooms in butter sauce
130g can creamed corn
2 medium zucchini
1/2 cup cream
3 spring onions (chopped) - I omitted these
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Method
Boil a big pot of hot water. Carefully add fettuccine.
Boil for 10 minutes, drain well.
Chop bacon, fry gently.
Stir in mushrooms and corn.
Slice zucchini into rounds. (I sliced one and grated the other, hence the hidden zucchini as it formed part of the sauce)
Add to pan with cream, bring to boil and then simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
Add spring onions and parmesan cheese, stir.
Add pasta to pan and mix well.
Serve immediately.

Hope it works wonders for all the other fussy eaters out there too!!!


1 comment:

  1. No fussy eaters here but that looks too good to not make it for them anyway!

    ReplyDelete