Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My $20 op shop haul

Today I visited one of our local op shops as a spur of the minute thing to do on the way home from the kids swimming lesson. I had $20 in my purse and it was burning a mega a hole. I decided that I was going to look in the woman's section first, as everytime I go to any shop I always migrate straight towards the kid's section and completely forget about little old me, well not today. That said all the items that I liked were a teeny bit small for me. I did find a nice skirt which may be a bit big but nothing a quick zip under the sewing machine won't fix.



The kids as usual scored very well and I managed to find a couple of toys I have been looking for, one of them I'd had an eye out for since Taleisha was in the baby/toddler room in daycare, so over two years ago now, and another one a bit more recently as we found it was a toy that Mackenzie really took to at her physio appointments. Clothes wise as always they came out with a few pieces. Actually I don't think Taleisha scored that well, maybe just a beanie, Mackenzie did very well and I found a really cute boys jacket that I plan on giving to a little boy for his birthday, as soon as I saw it I thought of him. So I hope his mummy and he like it!!



I guess one can not boast about such a haul without photograhic evidence. So without further ado.



So for only $20 I came home with 13 items, that is less than $2 each, what a score. So from left to right, bottom to top we got -a purple piano xylophone, a book - Notes from a small island by Bill Bryson, a ring stacker, a blue and light brown/cream knitted beanie, a name it khaki long sleeve girls top size 74 (? looks about 6-12 months), a health babe nappy cover size L, a Sprout pink love heart longsie size 00 (yes my 1 year old still wears 00, she's tiny), a Next striped jumper size 3-6 months (it's huge and fits Mackenzie :) ), a purple and green knitted beanie (too cute for words), black and white floral long skirt size 18, pink Pumpkin Patch track pants size 6-12 months, Future life guard in training rash suit size 1 and Dymples green hooded jacket size 2.

I'm so happy with my haul, that I'm boasting to everyone and everybody about it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a huge haul for a chenny!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! I really should visit mine!

    ReplyDelete