Friday, June 12, 2009

Second Day Blues

This morning was awful and went pretty much as expected, well there was one unhappy surprise.

Mackenzie when we got to the centre and the childcare worker took her the crying started, expected that, didn't think she'd go quite so happily today but knew that she would be fine in five minutes if that. The surprise was Taleisha, she had tears on from the moment she got out of the car, didn't want to mummy to go, oh sweetie way to break mummy's heart. I really didn't think she would have this kind of reaction given her past experience but I guess it has been about 15 or 16 months since she was last in a childcare environment. I did eventually manage to untangle Taleisha from my leg and leave, feeling very miserable.

Pick up time was also a mixture of emotions, Taleisha did not want me to put her down after I had picked her up to give her a hug, one of the child care workers thankfully carried her out to the car for me, as she was getting upset, whilst I the packhorse carried the bags and Mackenzie. I did however fix the hunger issues bu making dinner for them this morning and taking it to daycare, so that was one problem fixed as they were fed by the time I picked them up, although Taleisha had a bowl of weetbix when she got home.

I am certainly looking forward to our weekend together and will be cherishing the moments as I no longer have the luxury of 24/7 with my girls :(

Work went well, no head ache today but my shins are killing, must be from walking in heels, even though my heels are wussy and can barely be called that. Also got my work ID today, my photo is extremely scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment