Friday, March 19, 2010

Northward bound

The girls and I are heading north next Friday, very early in the morning, I think we've managed to jump on the first plane heading up there that day, the 6am delight. I'm not even trying to think about what time that means we need to get up to get to the airport on time. It's a scary thought and best left well alone for now.


We're heading for this lovely patch of red dirt in the Pilbara, WA.

Port/South Hedland probably isn't your normal choice of destination and in all honesty if we didn't have a very good reason for going I would be turning the airplane around and be heading off to more appealing destinations.

We are however heading up to see my family and celebrate my little sister's 18th birthday, should be a very good escape and the girls will be very excited to see their Aunty and Nanna (and we better not forget Poppa or Uncle as well). I'm looking forward to catching up with some old school friends in Karratha and generally enjoying moving on Pilbara time.

For those not in the know the Pilbara is an absolutely beautiful part of the world, amazing gorges and beautiful water holes and beaches, some stunning landscape but other than that it really is mining world and not a lot else to do. I still call the Pilbara home but it is now my home from afar :)

Looking forward to simply just doing nothing for 10 days, hanging out with the girls at the pool and slipping into my lovely little red number for the big 18th Hollywood Glam bash.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment