Saturday, April 24, 2010

Better late than never...

everyone knows that are I am intending to travel to Hong Kong in November to celebrate my 30th birthday and that this holiday is booked and deposit paid for.
Well with the crapola work situation, been stuck on the non-ongoing contract ride and not knowing what was happening one month to the next, I booked our holiday as I didn't want to wait and not be able to get what I want.
Recently I was successful in obtaining a permanent position with the same company, in the initial induction phase they told us that we were not able to take any leave for the first six months. Some quick maths and my trip was exactly seven months after the commencement date.
To say I was nervous is an understatement, I was so stressed that they would refuse my leave, I just had to hold my breath and hope for the best.
So one week into my induction training, I emailed in my leave request and thankfully, with a massive sigh of relief I got a confirmation email confirming my leave request.
Thank heavens for that. No idea what I would have done if they had refused it, gratefully that is not something I have to worry my little head about.
We are Hong kong bound, yeeeeeeeeeeeeehah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment