Sunday, April 11, 2010

fan-DRAGON-tastic

This morning whilst we tossing up what we were going to do for today, we offered the choice to Taleisha, she excitedly suggested the movies. You know what, that sounded like a mighty fine idea. We've been wanting to see the new Dreamworks movie "How to train your dragon" since it came out, so a quick check of session times, a hurried shower and we were then packed and out the door.












A couple boxes of popcorn and a booster seat or two (make sure you check if your cinema has these, they are fantastic for the littlies) and we are all set to watch what I think was one of the best animated movies we've seen in quite some time.
Our girls were probably a tad young for this movie, well Mackenzie definitely was but us big kids (aka mum and dad) thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It had a beautiful story line and the animation itself was pretty good too, not out of this world but the style really suited the picture. My favourite part in this movie was when Hiccup first meets his dragon and the flying scene with Astrid, that one made me giggle too. Taleisha only liked the black dragon, the others were apparently too scary.
This movie definitely gets the two thumbs up from me. If you can, make sure you try and catch it whilst it is still in the cinemas, you'll thank me for it.
And parting words from Taleisha "Are there dragons in my world?"

1 comment:

  1. 2 thumbs up from us too. My husband took the older 2 (age 9, 7) to see this in IMAX 3-D. They loved it. I took the younger 2 (age 4, 5) to see the regular version. Miss 5 yr old sat on my lap the whole movie and I brought their blankies. They are still talking about Toothless and how much they liked it!

    ReplyDelete