Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Here comes my newest BIG girl!!!

My baby girl is growing up, this week saw some major milestones reached.

1. After our recent trip to South Hedland WA and my little girl sleeping on the camp out bed, upon returning home she decided that she wanted to sleep in her toddler bed and not her cot. She looks so small in her toddler bed but oh so cute and grown up. I'll give it a couple of weeks and then I think I might be pulling the cot apart and saying goodbye for the time being, the baby stuff slowly disappearing away from the house, WOW!!!
2. Wees on the potty. We've had the potty out in the bathroom for a while now, the whole familiarisation thing and I'm pretty sure day care have been encouraging her to use the potty. Well tonight when I got home from work and did the whole just walked in the door routine, my little girl copied me and was playing on the potty saying poo. I asked her if she needed to do a poo and if she wanted me to take her nappy off, she started to pull at her nappy, hubby helped her with it and she hopped back on the potty and said wees. I didn't think anything of it but when she hopped off, there it was, wee, it's early days but she's definitely learning about her bodily functions and it's the first step in the right direction. Lots of clapping and cheering had, she thought it was great.
The life of the parent is such a glamourous thing, look what one takes great pride in rejoicing and talking about but watching your children grow and develop into beautiful little people, truly is an amazing experience and they start with these first tiny steps.
Mummy is so proud of you Kenzie girl, your just growing up to quick my cheeky monkey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment