Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hair today, gone tomorrow

I am a hairdresser's nightmare.
I do enjoy getting my hair cut, I just never seem to get around to it. My hair is dead straight, I don't dye it; I prety much have zero maintenance, hence I can never part with the money, nearly 30 bucks on a regular basis for someone to just give me a trim.
I can tell you to the day, possibly even to the hour the last time I had had my hair cut. It was the 9th of May 2008, I was 40w 1d pregnant and well over due a haircut and a baby. Given I didn't have a lot of say when baby was coming (which was thankfully only 1 more day away) I went and got my hair chopped off.

So 2 years and 6 days later I find myself seated at the hairdressers for another hack. My hair had pretty much made it's way back down to my butt and I was purely and simply over it. The hair dresser seemed a little hesitant in taking too it with vigour I suggested she should, had to check to make sure I was okay with the amount I was advising her to cut off. Can't say I blame her, the amount of hair left on the floor after she finished could have fitted out at least three wigs.

The before shot
The After shotThe real reason I finally made it to the hairdresser, Taleisha, her ends were really wispy and needed tiding up. We only took about an inch off the bottom and you can barely notice it. Her hair however feels so much the better for it. She also thought she was pretty special, especially when she got her own special cape with dogs on it. She didn't even make a peep when the hair dresser combed out her hair, knots and all, was extremely miffed, I swear anyone would think the world is ending when I brush her hair.

I would like to promise that I won't let it go two years between cuts again, but i don't like my chances with keeping that promise, so I'm not even going to go there. I'm just going to enjoy the sensation of feeling 10 tons lighter after having half my hair hacked off.

1 comment: