Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

It has been a big year for me, with some massive changes and decisions made. Christmas is truly a time to think and reflect on the year that has gone and those things you are grateful to have in your life, for me that is my family, my girls, my mum and dad and siblings they mean the world to me, and to be able to share Christmas with as many of those people to me, is truly a blessing and what Christmas is really about.
I do love Christmas, I beleive I get more excited then the girls, especially as I was up a good hour or so before they were Christmas morning waiting for them to get up and open their presents. I'm one of those strange people that enjoy wrapping presents, making sure that it looks just right, I'm also one of those strange people that when unwrapping doesn't like to tear the paper, and will reuse the wrapping paper.
The unwrapping portion of our morning was a whirlwind of wrapping paper and boxes, the end result was two very spoilt little girls and I did alright too. I can't help myself though, I love shopping for my girls, I even found time to make sure I spoilt myself this year. I think the highlights would have to be for the girls are the scooters, cameras (I gave Miss T my old camera and Miss M a kids tough one), Alphie for Miss T and the toy laptop for Miss M, just like Miss T said now we all have one, hehe. For me my favourites would be the Pandora charms Miss T helped me pick out, I got a panda to symbolize my 30th birthday trip to Hong Kong and a love heart with a pink gem stone for my pink loving little girl and the best present from the day was free and came from Miss M she told me she loved me for the first time, awww melt my heart.
Lunch was spent at my dad's with most of the family, the aircon, the pool, a little bit of wine and plenty of good food, seriously Lesley that salmon was to die for, so yummy. The girls and I built the gingerbread house which unfortunately was subjected to a heat slide or the biig bad wolf, could have been either one which resulted in the roof sliding off. Regardless it was still lots of fun to make and it did look awesome for the short time it remained in one piece.
It was a fantastic day, very low key, no stress, just the way I like it, now it's time to enjoy the extra few days off work and relish in the extra times with my girls.
Now here is the pictorial version of our Christmas.
Christmas baking
Letter from Santa

awake and ready to see what Santa brought her

Miss M opening her first present

Miss T opening her presents

Miss M just being her cute little self in one of her new outfits.

Miss T and Alphie = one very happy little girl

The gingerbread house before the landslide

Miss T my little poser in her new Tinkerbell dress

Merry Christmas from me and I hope 2011 brings everything that you hope and dream that it will. I know 2011 will have some even bigger changes and I'm looking forward to what that will mean for me and my little girls and how we will grow with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment