Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Floods and bushfires

Rising Floodwaters, Brisbane


As mother nature reaks havoc in Queensland, New South Wales and Northern Western Australia, leaving metres of flood water in her wake and reaking such devastation never seen before to the farking arse wipe of an arsonist who has deliberatley caused heart ache and destruction of property by their thoughtless and absolutely stupid act of lighting a bushfire in the absolutely extreme heat that we are facing in Southern Western Australia. I have no words that I can use to describe this person, truly anything I can think of is just not vile enough, I do believe if you are caught you should be handed over to the victims of your fire to be dealt with, maybe then you won't be so farking mindless.

Bushfire, Lake Clifton, WA

My heart truly goes out to everyone that has been effected by the devastating floods and fire. I am fortunate to work within an agency were we are on the front line providing immediate financial aid to the people who have already been through and lost so much. It is heart wrenching hearing their stories but to know that these people are so strong and that the government has acted so swiftly in making this aid available and to be a part of making it possible for these people to access these funds is a truly humbling experience.

Watching the news feels like I am watching a train wreck over and over again, you want to turn it off, turn away but you can't, it can't be possible, it's so surreal. I am here, it's hot not a rain cloud in sight but so much of the country is well and truly under water and there is no end in sight. I wish there was more I could do to help those people, sitting here watching, leaves you feeling so helpless. I know there is the Government flood appeal and other agencies have similar asking for money, but not everyone can do this, I really would like to be able to donate some of my girls clothes and mine for that matter. We have so much and I would really like to be able to provide this to others who right now have nothing. I am currently searching for agencies or companies that are facilitating the transport and delivery of such donations in Western Australia, so far I haven't had much luck. I don't even know where I would start in organising such a venture myself. Can anyone refer in the right direction?


To all my friends and family and all others effected by the flooding in bushfire all other Australia, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Love to you all, please stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. Kat; we know personally of one family who's house has been lost in Ipswich. Once they get back into their home I will be finding out what they need and sending things to them directly... watch this space.
    PS: Flooding in some areas of Vic now too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think soon there won't be state that hasn't been effected, I know north east SA was on flood alert also.

    a freind has managed to find a freight company that is transporting donations over East, so will be popping in their tomorrow to check it out and drop off some stuff.

    ReplyDelete