Tuesday, February 26, 2013

How I hate renting

I know renting has it's positives.  There is the flexibility for one, if something is faulty I just call the agent and they organise someone to fix it, no running around finding workman for me.  However it definitely has it's draw backs and the main reason why I hate it the most are rent inspections and nit picking property managers.

I would like to think that I am a reasonable person and the house is kept in a lived in but good condition.  Let's put in plainly the walls aren't falling down around me, or more pointedly I'm not putting holes in the walls or anything like that.  It's just a run of your mill lived in surburban house.  Nothing out of the ordinary, no Today Tonight material here.

We had a house inspection last week and I did the extra clean that that generally requires.  House looked neat and tidy, as much as one can with two little people running around behind you.  I knew that my property manager would find something to bitch about, there is seriously no pleasing this woman.  But I can tell you right now that I did not expect the page and a half letter from them complaining about this and that.  Some of the things have been that way since we moved in four years ago.  Plus I'm pretty certain I missed the fine print on this whinge but those pools that nearly man and his dog has, the blow up ones, well apparently I need to get the property owners permission first.  News to me.  It pretty much turned my good mood sour.

I've decided from now on in, that rental inspections will now be conducted in my presence.  If there is a problem they can let me know in person.  No more of this rubbish.  I don't need the stress.

I wonder if you can request your property manager be changed?  When we first moved in our property manager was awesome, then she was promoted and was replaced with this winner.  Two years of this has worn extremely thin.  Over it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment