Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Happiest 5km on the planet

On Sunday I had the joy of experiencing the happiest 5km on the planet, the Swisse Color Run.  This run definitely lived up to all the hype.  It would have to be the easiest 5km I have run in quite a long time and I'm pretty certain I was smiling the entire way.

If you've never heard of this run before, it involves thousands of people wearing lovely crisp white clothes lining up to then have people spray and throw different coloured paint powders over you as you pass different markers.  By the time you cross the finish line you are a mutlicoloured rainbow from head to toe.  Or in my case a blue smurf that not even the day spent at Adventure world managed to shift.  Required a good deal of soaping to remove the colour.

The 2km mark - the pink zone (the zone my girls picked to watch of course)
 Yippee I finished and OMG look at me, I'm a Rainbow :)
Posing with Color Run Runicorn

I have to put a huge shout out to the Swisse Color Run team for bringing such an awesome event to the West Coast.  It lived up to all it promised and ran so smoothly and what a riot of fun it was.  I will definitely be back next year and will be dragging my mum around the course as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment