Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Goal setting

For the past 6 months I have been participating in a program called Gladiator School at my local gym.  We are just finishing up the first term for the year and leading into term 2 with the focus been on our individual goals.  The problem for me is I don't know what my fitness or health goals are anymore.

In the past 12 months I have achieved so much, so much more than I ever believed possible.  I lost 20 kilograms.  I ran a half marathon, the whole way non stop.  I've competed in a multitude of fun runs and obstacles courses.  Exercise is now a part of my everyday life.  My diet is not perfect but neither am I, I like to think that I enjoy everything in moderation. 

Where to from here?  What do I want to do?  I'm maintaining my weight within 2 kilograms of my goal weight, although those do tend to be upward of my goal and I'd happily drop those and another kilo or two but it is not really a goal that I'm driving towards, more an end product of cleaning up my diet and cutting back on those cakes and chocolate treats I keep sneaking in (Ammy if you're reading this, ignore that last sentence, there was no cakes, honest :) )  I'd love to be able to work towards a flat stomach with an awesome six pack but thanks to my gorgeous girls and my caesarean section first time round, I'm left with some flappy skin that only a surgeon and a knife can fix.  I call it my cliff hanger.

I can't put my finger on what my drive is, what I want to work towards.  I could increase my weights or look at running a full marathon but nothing I think of, puts that fire in my belly like what I was working towards last year.  I need that something that will reignite my motivation and focus that I had last year.  That's not to say that I have turned into a slack arse, I still train hard, I'm just not training towards anything, so feel a little directionless.  I need some divine intervention.  I need some direction. 

1 comment:

  1. Posting these links so i can come back to them at a later date, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/goal-driven.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/plan-on-it-4-goals-you-should-have-for-2013.html

    ReplyDelete