Sunday, March 24, 2013

My little swimming super star

Taleisha, my dear miss 7 competed in her Swimming Club Championship day today and she definitely made me the proudest mummy on the planet.  She was sensational.  
 My morning pep talk for her consisted of swim your best and have fun, and she did just that.  We're constantly talking about it doesn't matter were you place, first or last, as long as you tried your best and you had fun, then that's all that counts.  She swims in the under 9 category and there were 7 girls all up in this category with her being the youngest, so she's in a tough category.  Never the less she swam out of her skin today and she was so proud of herself.  As was I, I think I may have mentioned that once or twice already.
First swim of the day 25m Butterfly, she finished in a time of 44.87seconds, not a PB but she wasn't far off, just a mere 8 / 100th of a second. 
 Proudly showing off her 3rd place ribbon :)
 50m Backstroke, finished in a time of 1.05.93, a PB by half a second.
 50m Breaststroke, finished in a time of 1.26.93, a PB by a whopping 10 seconds.
 50m freestyle, finished in a time of 1.04.49, a PB by 6 seconds.
 And the best little side kick anyone can have, their little sister.  Definitely Number 1 there Miss Mackenzie, as well as been such a good sport and spending all morning at the pool on the side lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment