Wednesday, December 4, 2013

New Year, New Plan, New Me!!!

I've never been one for making new year resolutions and I'm not really about to start now.  I am thinking however it is time to make some changes in my life. 

I want to work out where I want to go with my training and gym, I've been doing the same program for quite some time now and as I have been financially committed to it, it has meant I go pretty much every session I can, even when I am having those CBF days.  If I am to move away from this and look at some self based programs I am scared that on those CBF days, my lack of motivation will win out.  I am keen to work on my muscle base and am quite fascinated by the body building sides of things, well minus that hideous bright orange tan anyways.  I've also been toying with the idea of running a full marathon.  I'm not cocky enough to believe I can fly by the seed of my pants and run a full marathon on no training like I have done with the half marathon.  I know I will need to get some kilometres and conditioning under my belt before hand.

I want to be stricter with my budget, save a little bit more and simply spend wiser.  If I can finally get rid of a bit of plastic or two I will be extremely ecstatic as well.  My budget is definitely going to be quite tight next year.  Especially given that in addition to the sports my girls already currently participate in, my eldest will be adding music lessons to her schedule if she is lucky enough to get a place from her limited availability (fingers crossed with that one).  

The other thing I really want to focus on is less screen time and we are currently doing that a lot more recently, with the television only usually coming on later in the evening or afternoon on the weekend.  I want to make a concerted effort to myself to limit the time that I am spent in front of a computer and to make a promise to myself that the computer will not be turned on whilst I am spending time with the girls, unless we are researching something online together.  I'd love to make sure that we continue to participate in fun runs (or fun walks as my Miss 5 calls them) and try new activities together.  I am looking forward to taking the girls out on the water and trying standup paddle boarding. 

It all seems very straight forward and easy, lets hope so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment